The way it works depends on the nature of your project(s)
and is usually collaborative and bespoke.
You contact me and tell me about your project.
The first meeting could be in person, by Skype/ Zoom, or telephone. If you're shy and your project is simple, it could merely involve exchanges of email.
The first proper meeting tends to be an hour's consultation, which is free. I'll listen to you and ask you about what you want, or look at what you already have. I may agree to work on a sample for you, so you can see what to expect.
We will also agree a deadline.
Once we've clarified what you want, I'll put a quote together.
Proofreading is usually straightforward (I use the Microsoft Track Changes facility in Word),
whereas editing and copywriting from scratch take longer.
Type of Work
Substantial editing, rewriting, development editing
*Business rates on a sliding scale.
Minimum Hourly Rate
1. A chance to try me out first with a free no-obligation sample-edit before you commit, so you can see for yourself how the work will proceed.
2. Clarification about what it is you want me to do before you hand over your words to me.
3. Prompt, friendly communication.
4. Professionalism, discretion and excellence
in service and conduct.
5. An extra pair of human eyes to review and improve your text. I will find errors and identify issues that word processors, computer programmes and automated grammar checkers don't notice.
6. Service that is sensitive to your needs. I know how hard it is to write, and recognise that editing is a way of relating to a human being, not just working with words.
7. Beautiful, high-quality content that says what you
want to say, the way you want to say it.
8. Generosity: my rates reflect the high quality of my service and the value I will add to your project.
9. The freedom of not having to worry about typographical errors and text organisation.
10. The job done in time for an agreed deadline.
French is my first language. Even if I am completely bilingual I still have some problems with my sentence structure and tenses. Anita was able to understand what I was trying to say and built more eloquent and structurally correct paragraphs. I am proud to say both manuscripts were accepted for publishing so Anita did a great job. I have no hesitation in recommending her, she was diligent and very speedy.
Thank you so much for all of this! I really appreciate it. It’s amazing how some of the stupidest mistakes pass us by, even if we read it a million times. Cheers!
– Francis Cabana M.Sc.
Zoo Nutrition Researcher/PhD Student in Primate Conservation and Nutrition